Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a Web Development Manager who will complement our passion for web development, technology, and performance-based results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the flow of work for your development team.
- Work with the Director of Development to improve processes and standards to streamline project deliverables.
- Work with the project management team to establish project timelines and schedules.
- Provide updates to Project Managers on changes or revisions to project timelines.
- Assist the Project Management team in taking corrective action to adjust for any risks and challenges.
- Support Project Managers in authoring technical portions of project documents (i.e. findings, recommendations, technical specifications, etc).
- Offer alternative solutions to feature requests and provide time estimate pros/cons to the various approaches.
- Perform quarterly and annual performance reviews of your team, to provide your team with awareness of their current performance.
- Provide career development advice and coaching for your team’s professional development.
- Assist your team in setting personal goals and developing an action plan to achieve those goals.
- Support your team to ensure team objectives are met or exceeded.
- Ensure right people on the right type of work
- Help with team resourcing and forecasting
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to team members to help overcome project challenges or constraints.
- Establish a technical vision for the initiative with the project team.
- Demonstrate technical excellence by:
- Nurturing and enforcing technical standards; and
- Organizing technical knowledge and information communicated to and received from customers.
- Assist in the maintenance of project task boards with tickets/cards by adding value with notes that provide greater details or help to clarify points.
- Monitor adherence to project schedule.
- Participate in networking events within the SWO community.
- Seek out speaking engagements within targeted business verticals.
- Learn more about existing top tier clients in order to identify business opportunities not just within their organization but in their business vertical.
- Solicit and create interactions with key decision makers within targeted business verticals.
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- People management experience in a team-oriented and collaborative workplace required.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s) would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time.
- Experience in a technical or web development team lead position is an asset.
- Proven experience leading people and their performance with a positive, collaborative, and hands-on approach.
- Knowledge and experience with modern web development tools, frameworks, and processes.
- Experience implementing new development practices and processes to improve effectiveness and quality.
- Excellent team leadership, communication, collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.