Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Intermediate Drupal developer to join our innovative development team to design and execute high quality web solutions. Your role will require you to be an effective problem-solver and team player. WARNING: You will talk and learn a lot about Drupal, to the point that you might start to dream about it at night!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong focus on backend development using Drupal.
- Develop, support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability websites and web applications.
- Provide problem solving and technical innovation expertise.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features in conjunction with other team members.
- Provide time estimates for development work during project planning and scheduling stages.
- Create new custom modules when necessary to enhance Drupal features.
- Participate in client meetings to provide technical support, advice and guidance.
- Research and present technical solutions to technical problems.
- Provide mentoring/coaching to junior team members by reviewing code, designing documents, giving technical talks, teaching classes, or as a consultant on projects.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts.
Knowledge, Education, & Experience Required
- 2+ years of development experience with a focus on backend development.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Advanced PHP and MySQL skills.
- Ability to customize Drupal Modules (with MySQL database integration).
- Knowledge of Symfony/Codeigniter/Laravel framework.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly identify and fix bugs.
- Capability to work independently on individual project components, as well as work effectively as part of a team to integrate these components into complete applications.
- Be located in Canada, preferably willing to relocate to London, ON.
- Acquia Certifications are an asset.
- Ability to conduct automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to make sites accessible (WCAG AA).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of LDAP, SSO and Solr servers.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.